5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Graphical user interfaces
- Utility software
- Network operating system
- Plug and play
- Uninterruptible power supply
- a An operating system that runs on a network server.
- b Technology that allows a hardware component to be attached to a computer so that it is automatically configured by the operating system, without user intervention.
- c Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
- d A battery power source that provides electric current during a power outage.
- e An operating system with graphical symbols representing files, programs, and documents.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The process of starting a computer.
- Expert computer users who invade someone else's computer either for personal gain or simply for the satisfaction of being able to do it.
- A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
- Intangible set of instructions that tells the computer what to do.
- Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
5 True/False Questions
Language translators → Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
Virus → Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
Multitasking → Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
Operating systems → An operating system that runs on a network server.
Universal serial bus → Standard for computer ports that support data transfer rates of up to 12 million bits per second.