5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hugh Capet
- The Gospels
- Richard the Lion-Hearted
- a the only real sources about the life and teachings of Jesus
- b succeeded Louis the Sluggard, he was an undistinguished duke from the middle of France.
- c Muslims of Spain
- d Joined the Third Crusade; heard that Jerusalem had fallen to the Muslims; left others to rule England
- e People of this profession helped spread the plague along the trade routes of Asia to southern Asia, southwest Asia and Africa.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the 207 years of peace in the Roman Empire were known as this.
- The Latin Word for the Roman javelin.
- the device that allowed the Romans to board enemy ships
- one of the expeditions in which medieval Christian warriors sought to recover control of the Holy land from the Muslims.
- The group that held most of the power in Rome.
5 True/False Questions
Antioch → The city attacked after Edessa and was considered almost the equal to Jerusalem.
Caligae → At this battle the Romans lost 50,000 to the Carthaginians.
The Jews → the name of the sect that in 66 A.D., took control of Jerusalem.
Papilio → The Popes would live in this French city for 69 years
Jerusalem → The Crusades were fought to recapture this important city.