5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Unbalanced Forces
- Simple Machine
- Net Force
- Complex Machine
- Newton's 2nd Law of Motion
- a a machine made of more than one simple machine
- b a machine that consists of a few parts.
- c the relationship between mass, acceleration & force. Force = Mass X Acceler.
- d When 1 object exerts more force on another object and movement occurs. Forces may be in the same direction or opposite directions, but there is movement. There is a Net Force.
- e When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the distance an object moves during a certain amount of time (miles per second; mph) Average speed = Distance divided by time
- will demonstrate in class
- a force that pulls everything toward the center of the Earth
- Force is measured in units called Newtons (not the cookie)
- Work in measured in units called Joules (not the ones I wear)
5 True/False Questions
Power → work is done in a certain time. Work divided by time = power; measured in Watts
Force → a force that moves an object; no work is done if an object doesn't move. Force X Distance = Work
Machine → movement of objects, people, or animals in many different directions
Inertia → the force that keeps objects moving in a straight line; resists a change in motion
Work → a push or pull that acts on an object