5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- UV radiation
- global wind patterns
- fossil fuels
- a damaging wave of light emitted by the sun - eads to cataracts in eyes, interferes with photosynthesis, kills phytoplankton, wakens the immune system
- b mass per unit volume
- c Combustible materials such as oil, coal and natural gas that are composed of the remains of formerly living material.
- d Air circulation at surface creates wind patterns (Earth's shape and rotation causes variable latitudinal wind deflections.)
- e areas on the sun's surface that are cooler and less bright than surrounding areas, are caused by the sun's magnetic field, and occur in cycles
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the reflective property of a non-luminous object
- bending of a ray of light
- movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense air aboce the land to rise
- n. The throwing off or back of light, heat, sound, or any form of energy that travels in waves.
- The amount of heat that must be absorbed or lost for 1 gram of a substance to change its temperature by 1°C.
5 True/False Questions
wave length → a lens that is thicker in the middle than at the edges and bends light rays towards one another
radiant energy → energy that travels in waves (includes solar energy, light energy)
mesosphere → the layer of the atmosphere between the stratosphere and the thermosphere and in which temperature decreases as altitude increases
plasma → a large cloud of gas and dust in space, spread out in an immense volume
land breeze → movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense air aboce the land to rise