5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Serial ports
- Language translators
- Operating systems
- Network operating system
- a Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
- b Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
- c Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
- d Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
- e An operating system that runs on a network server.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Expert computer users who invade someone else's computer either for personal gain or simply for the satisfaction of being able to do it.
- An operating system with graphical symbols representing files, programs, and documents.
- A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
- A battery power source that provides electric current during a power outage.
- The process of starting a computer.
5 True/False Questions
Algorithm → A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
Surge protectors → Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
Software development → Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.
MS-DOS → Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data
Systems software → A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.