5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Alexius I
- Battle of Dorylaeum
- Julius Caesar
- a the Roman leader that suffered from epilepsy. Roman leader that said "The die is cast" and enslaved 500,000 people from Gaul after its conquest
- b a non Christian
- c this was the first major battle of the Crusades between the Seljuk Turks and the Crusaders in 1097
- d one of the most famous Muslim leaders of the 1100s who wished to chase the Crusaders back into their own territories.
- e the leader of the Greek Orthodox Church that asked Urban II for help.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the military unit of the Roman Empire were organized into these.
- The Roman short sword
- the group that exercised great influence over both foreign and domestic policy
- Joined the Third Crusade; heard that Jerusalem had fallen to the Muslims; left others to rule England
- In 74 A.D. 960 rebels held out on this mountaintop in a fortress.
5 True/False Questions
Strappado → form of torture that involved hanging from your arms
scholastics → one of the most famous Muslim leaders of the 1100s who wished to chase the Crusaders back into their own territories.
Jerusalem → the powerful city the interfered with Roman access to the Mediterranean
Mark → this battle would decide the Second Punic War in favor of the Romans.
Philip II → the Roman leader that attacked Carthage 204 B.C.