5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Language translators
- Uninterruptible power supply
- Surge protectors
- a Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- b The process of starting a computer.
- c A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
- d A battery power source that provides electric current during a power outage.
- e Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
- Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
- Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
- Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
- Analyzing problems to correct faults in the system.
5 True/False Questions
Modem → Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data
Multitasking → Expert computer users who invade someone else's computer either for personal gain or simply for the satisfaction of being able to do it.
Parallel ports → Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
Virus → Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
Software development → Intangible set of instructions that tells the computer what to do.