5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Yu Ping Feng San (jade windscreen powder)
Dx: Xu of the exterior with weak & unstable wei qi.
- Da Bu Yin Wan (great tonify the yin pill)
Dx: upward rising of fire from Lv/Ki yin xu
- You Gui Yin (restore the right ki decoction)
Dx: Ki yang xu in which preponderance of yin causes a separation of yang which floats to the exterior.
~weaker than You Gui Wan
- Zhi BaiDi Huang Wan (anemarrhena, phellodendron & rehmannia pill)
Dx: Ki/Lv yin xu pronounced heat s&s. yin xu w/ vigorous fire, consumptive heat.
- Xiao Jian Zhong Tang (Minor construct the middle decoction)
Dx: Spasmodic abdominal pain due to consumptive xu "xu lao" -internal injury due to consumption leads to cold from mj qi xu.
- a feebleness and exhaustion, abdominal pain, sore low back, cold extremities.
T: not noted
- b night sweats, dry mouth & tongue. also difficulty urinating and low back pain from damp heat in LJ in patients with underlying Ki yin xu
P: Large in chi
- c steaming bone d/o with afternnoon tidal fever, night sweats, spontaneous emissions, irritable, sensation of heat and pain in the knees and legs which is sometimes accompanied by weakness. possible coughing of xue or constant hunger
T: Red. little coat. P: Rapid and forceful in chi
~stronger and faster than liu wei di huang wan
- d Intermittent spasmodic abdominal pain that likes warmth and pressure, lusterless complexion, reduced appetite
T: Pale. white coat
P: Thin, wiry & moderate
- e Aversion to drafts, spontaneous sweat, pale complexion
T: Pale, white coat
P: Floating, xu, soft
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- palpitations with anxiety, irritable, insomnia, emaciation, SOB, constipation, dry mouth and throat
T: Pale and shiny P: Regularly irregular, slow irregular or thin, faint & forceless
- Vomit & diarrhea with cold hands and feet, agitation so severe that patient wants to die
1.Vomit after eating, indeterminate gnawing hunger, acid regurg w/ or w/o epigastric pain
2.Dry heaves or spiting of clear fluids, vertex headache
All- vomit and xu cold in mj.
T: Not red, white slipper coat
P: Thin & slow or wiry
- Excruciating epigastric and abdominal pain that patient does not want to be touched, strong sensation of cold in the epigastrium, vomit so unable to eat. possible borborygmus
T: White slipper coat
P: Thin & tight or slow & wiry (in severe cases-hidden)
- cough with blood streaked sputum, wheeze, dry and sore throat, hot palms and soles, night sweats
T: Red. little coat
P: Thick and rapid
- Diarrhea with watery stool, nausea & vomit, no particular thirst, loss of appetite, abdominal pain
T: Pale body. white coat.
P: Deep & thin
5 True/False Questions
Si Jun Zi Tang (4 gentleman Decoction)
Dx: classic presentation of SP qi xu caused by taxation. → Loss of appetite, nausea or vomit, focal distention and a stifling sensation in the chest & epigastrium
T & P: not noted in bensky
Si Ni Tang (Frigid extremities decoction)
Dx: Ki yang xu with internal cold. Collapsing rebellion "Jue Ni" → Extremely cold exremities, aversion to cold, sleeping with the knees drawn up, lethergic state with a constant desire to sleep, vomit, diarrhea wih undigested food, abdominal pain and cold, lack of thirst. symptoms may develop quickly-shock
T: Pale. white slipper coat
P: Deep & thin or faint
Er Xian Tang (two immortal decoction)
Dx: Ki yin and yang xu (yang predominant) with fire flaring up from xu.
Tonify yin and yang category → symptoms of menopause including hypertension, menstrual disturbances such as amenorrhea, hot flashes, night sweats, nervousness, fatigue, lassitude, depression, irritable, insomnia, palpitations and urinary frequency.
T&P: not noted
~created in 1960's
Shen Ling Bai Zhu San (ginseng, poria, atractylodes powder)
Dx: Sp qi xu leading to internally generated dampness. → Loose stools or diarrhea. reduced appetite, weak extremities, weight loss, distention & stifling sensation in chest &epigastrium, pallid & wan complexion, may also be vomiting
T: Pale. white coat
P: Moderate & xu or moderate
Gui Pi Tang (restore the Sp decoction)
Dx: Sp & Ht xu from excessive deliberation over a long period of time or obsessive behavior. 3 basic conditions: restless ht spirit, qi & xue xu, inability of sp to control xue. → forgetfulness, palpitations (w/ or w/o anxiety), insomnia, dream disturbed sleep, anxiety & phobia, feverishness, withdrawal, reduced appetite, pallid and wan complexion.
possible chronic bleeding
women-early menses w/ copious pale xue or prolonged almost contiuous periods with little flow
T: Pale. thin white coat P: Thin and frail