5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If a major war broke out in 1939, Japan would be an ally to which two countries?
- What country did Japan and the Soviet Union fight over in 1939? What lesson did Japan learn from this?
- What two Nordic countries fell to Hitler in 1940?
- What strategy did Hitler decide upon against the USSR in 1941?
- What were the 2 cities that the atomic bombs were dropped on in 1945?
- a Target Leningrad and Stalingrad to dishearten the communists.
- b Nagasaki and Hiroshima
- c Denmark and Finland
- d Germany and Italy
- e Mongolia; Not to attack USSR; Army is better than Navy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Operation Barbarossa
- An attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, to destroy the US Pacific Fleet.
- France; No.
- Germany surrender unconditionally
- California to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
5 True/False questions
Why was the Battle of Kursk important (1943)? → Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
What was the bloodiest battle ever fought in history? → Battle of Stalingrad.
What did the Kaiser mean in his message to Hitler in 1939? → Denmark and Finland
In 1941, what led to the internment of Japanese-American citizens and much fear in Americans? → Relations are broken off, all Japanese assets in the USA are taken, and the USA will no longer sell oil to Japan.
Great Britain had Libya in 1941 when German troops went to take control. → Suicide.