5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Point of Reference
- Balanced Forces
- Unbalanced Forces
- a a force that pulls everything toward the center of the Earth
- b the relationship between the person and the moving object
- c When 1 object exerts more force on another object and movement occurs. Forces may be in the same direction or opposite directions, but there is movement. There is a Net Force.
- d When 2 objects exert an equal and opposite force on each other.There is no movement!
- e a force that moves an object; no work is done if an object doesn't move. Force X Distance = Work
5 Multiple choice questions
- a machine that consists of a few parts.
- work is done in a certain time. Work divided by time = power; measured in Watts
- will demonstrate in class
- the rate when velocity changes over time
- the flow of electrically charged particles, electrons, between objects.
5 True/False questions
Complex Machine → a machine made of more than one simple machine
Inertia → the force that keeps objects moving in a straight line; resists a change in motion
Newton's 1st Law of Motion → the relationship between mass, acceleration & force. Force = Mass X Acceler.
Machine → a tool or device that makes work easier by changing the direction or the amount of force needed to move an object; DOES NOT make less work.
Force → a push or pull that acts on an object