5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Universal serial bus
- User interface
- a A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
- b Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
- c Standard for computer ports that support data transfer rates of up to 12 million bits per second.
- d The process of starting a computer.
- e Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Also called productivity software; helps you perform a specific task such as word processing, spreadsheets, and so forth.
- Analyzing problems to correct faults in the system.
- Expert computer users who invade someone else's computer either for personal gain or simply for the satisfaction of being able to do it.
- Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
5 True/False questions
Parallel ports → Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
Graphical user interfaces → Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
Firewall → A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
Language translators → Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
Software development → Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.