5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Commercial Revolution
- a relating to a style of church architecture that developed in medieval Europe, featuring ribbed vaults, stained glass windows, flying buttresses, pointed arches and tall spires.
- b the selling or buying of a position in a Christian church
- c Roman Catholic tribunal for investigating and prosecuting charges of heresy—especially the one active in Spain during the 1400s.
- d the General that when told to hand over his Army attacked Rome.
- e the expansion of trade and
business that transformed European economies during the16th and 17th centuries.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the pope that moved from Rome to Avignon.
- In 74 A.D. 960 rebels held out on this mountaintop in a fortress.
- The group that held most of the power in Rome.
- Rome's ablest emperor
- the river that Rome was built on.
5 True/False questions
Saladin → one of the most famous Muslim leaders of the 1100s who wished to chase the Crusaders back into their own territories.
Dark Ages → the powerful city the interfered with Roman access to the Mediterranean
Byzantium → Constantine moved the capital of the Roman Empire here.
Philip II → Married Eleanor of Aquitaine from France to add to the holdings in Normandy and England.
Plebeians → this is what the common farmers, artisans, and merchants who made up a majority were referred to as.