5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Organizational development (OD)
- Job posting
- Prescreening interview
- Yield ratios
- Johnson v. Santa Clara County Transportation Agency
- a Process of enhancing the effectiveness of an organization and the well-being of its members through planned interventions.
- b Type of interview that is useful when an organization has a high volume of applicants for a job and face-to-face interviews are needed to judge prequalification factors.
- c Court ruling that endorsed using gender as one factor in an employment decision if underrepresentation is shown and if the affirmative action plan is not a quota system.
- d Ratios that can help quantify recruitment efforts.
- e Internal recruiting method that allows current employees the chance to respond to announcements of positions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Systems management philosophy that states that every organization is hindered by constraints that come from its internal policies.
- Set of behaviors encompassing skills, knowledge, abilities, and personal attributes that are critical to successful work accomplishment.
- Differences in characteristics of people; can involve personality, work style, race, age, ethnicity, gender, religion, education, functional level at work, etc.
- Principles of conduct within an organization that guide decision making and behavior.
- Use of alternative recruiting sources and workers who are not regular employees; also known as flexible staffing.
5 True/False questions
Secondary research → Uses data already gathered by others and reported in various sources.
Performance standards → Expectations of management translated into behaviors and results that employees can deliver.
Job group analysis → Part of affirmative action plan that lists all job titles that comprise each job group having similar content and responsibilities, wage rates, and opportunities for advancement.
Motivation → Factors that initiate, direct, and sustain human behavior over time.
Application → Group of persons or objects or a complete set of observations or measurements about which one wishes to draw conclusions.