5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pineal gland secretes?
- autonomic nervous system abbreviation?
- parathyroid abbreviation?
- insulins function
- a LOWER blood glucose levels, carries sugar from "blood to cells"
- b insufficient levels of T4, T3
- c melatonin
- d ANS
- e PTH
5 Multiple choice questions
- regulates mineral salts (electrolytes); acts on the kidney to reabsorb sodium (electrolytes) to excrete potassium (electrolyte)
- metabolic control it targets all body cells
- estrogens or estradiol, or estrone, and progesterone
- glucocorticoids, mineralocorticoids, sex hormones
5 True/False questions
myxedema → atrophy of the thyroid gland; advanced hypothyroidism, cretinism, weight gain
prolactin PRL target tissue → mammary glands
CT → calcitonin
hyper/thyroid/ism → excess levels of T4, T3
parathyroid glands target tissue? → bone and kidney (vitamin D production)