5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What country was cut off the map of Europe by the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact in 1939?
- On December 7, 1941, what two targets were bombed by the Japanese?
- What happened at the Yalta Conference?
- What was the "phony war" in 1939?
- On what two islands did the United States defeat Japan in 1943?
- a Sudentenland
- b Guadalcanal and Tarawa
- c Great Britain and France declare war on Germany, but nothing is done (sitzkrieg)
- d Pearl Harbor and the Philippines
- e Post- war borders of Germany
5 Multiple choice questions
- Great Britain, Italy, and German (Afrikacorps)
- Nagasaki and Hiroshima
- Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
- Lend-Lease Act & Atlantic Charter
- Battle of Stalingrad.
5 True/False questions
What two other US territories did Japan capture in December in 1941? → Guam and Wake Island
Did the USSR surrender quickly like Hitler expected? → No
What was the turning point of WWII (1943)? → Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
Why did the United States use the atomic bomb in 1945? → Outnumbered and Trapped
What did the USSR
liberate in Poland? → Great Britain and France declare war on Germany, but nothing is done (sitzkrieg)