5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- kinetic energy
- Big Bang Theory
- blue shift
- a chemical substance, found mainly in liquid coolants, that damages the earth's protective ozone layer
- b the theory that proposes that the universe originated as a single mass, which subsequently exploded
- c the direct transfer of heat from one substance to another substance that it is touching
- d An increase in the measured frequency of light from an approaching source.
- e Energy in motion
5 Multiple choice questions
- when a star is in Main sequence and turns into a high mass star rather then low mass
- a galaxy shaped like a round or flattened ball, generally containing only old stars
- the force of attraction between all masses in the universe
- Air circulation at surface creates wind patterns (Earth's shape and rotation causes variable latitudinal wind deflections.)
- the distance light travels in one year
5 True/False questions
convergence → a lens that is thicker in the middle than at the edges and bends light rays towards one another
fossil fuels → Combustible materials such as oil, coal and natural gas that are composed of the remains of formerly living material.
stratosphere → the layer of the atmosphere that contains the ozone layer; temperature increases as you go up
Copernicus → the state of separate elements joining or coming together
longitudinal wave → a moving wave that consists of oscillations occurring perpendicular to the direction of energy transfer.