5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Big Bang Theory
- El Nino
- Elliptical galaxy
- a a form of oxygen that has three oxygen atoms in each molecule instead of two. protects us from dangerous ultraviolet radiation from the sun
- b the force of attraction between all masses in the universe
- c the name given to the periodic warming of the ocean that occurs in the central and eastern Pacific
- d the theory that proposes that the universe originated as a single mass, which subsequently exploded
- e a galaxy shaped like a round or flattened ball, generally containing only old stars
5 Multiple choice questions
- the state of separate elements joining or coming together
- Air circulation at surface creates wind patterns (Earth's shape and rotation causes variable latitudinal wind deflections.)
- Amount of light a star actually gives off
- having the earth as the center
- movement of air from land to sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea
5 True/False questions
sunspots → Creation of energy by joining the nuclei of two hydrogen atoms to form helium.
frequency → the number of complete wavelengths that pass a point in a given time
fission → Creation of energy by joining the nuclei of two hydrogen atoms to form helium.
reflection → n. The throwing off or back of light, heat, sound, or any form of energy that travels in waves.
sea breeze → movement of air from land to sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea