5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Julius Caesar
- Hundred Years' War
- a This was launched by Edward III and brought a change in the style of warfare in Europe.
- b The Roman short sword
- c the Roman leader that suffered from epilepsy. Roman leader that said "The die is cast" and enslaved 500,000 people from Gaul after its conquest
- d the Latin word for Helmet
- e the selling or buying of a position in a Christian church
5 Multiple choice questions
- Today known as Istanbul
- the great Carthaginian leader
- one of the most famous Muslim leaders of the 1100s who wished to chase the Crusaders back into their own territories.
- invaded England in 1066.
- this battle would decide the Second Punic War in favor of the Romans.
5 True/False questions
Legion → the military unit of the Roman Empire were organized into these.
Merchants → People of this profession helped spread the plague along the trade routes of Asia to southern Asia, southwest Asia and Africa.
guild → a medieval association of people working at the same occupation, which controlled its members wages and prices.
Consul → relating to a style of church architecture that developed in medieval Europe, featuring ribbed vaults, stained glass windows, flying buttresses, pointed arches and tall spires.
Pogroms → Jews were subject to these violent attacks