5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Newton's 2nd Law of Motion
- Unbalanced Forces
- a the relationship between mass, acceleration & force. Force = Mass X Acceler.
- b a push or pull that acts on an object
- c When 1 object exerts more force on another object and movement occurs. Forces may be in the same direction or opposite directions, but there is movement. There is a Net Force.
- d a tool or device that makes work easier by changing the direction or the amount of force needed to move an object; DOES NOT make less work.
- e a force that moves an object; no work is done if an object doesn't move. Force X Distance = Work
5 Multiple choice questions
- movement of objects, people, or animals in many different directions
- Force is measured in units called Newtons (not the cookie)
- a machine that consists of a few parts.
- the speed & direction of an object's motion
- a machine made of more than one simple machine
5 True/False questions
Net Force → When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).
Push/pull → will demonstrate in class
Newton's 1st Law of Motion → An object in motion will stay in motion unless a force acts on it. An object at rest will stay at rest unless a force acts on it.(No Net Force)
Balanced Forces → When 2 objects exert an equal and opposite force on each other.There is no movement!
Point of Reference → When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).