5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Utility software
- Surge protectors
- Graphical user interfaces
- Systems software
- a A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
- b Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
- c Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- d An operating system with graphical symbols representing files, programs, and documents.
- e A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The process of starting a computer.
- Analyzing problems to correct faults in the system.
- Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
- Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.
- Intangible set of instructions that tells the computer what to do.
5 True/False questions
Hackers → Expert computer users who invade someone else's computer either for personal gain or simply for the satisfaction of being able to do it.
Operating systems → An operating system that runs on a network server.
Network operating system → Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
Virus → Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
Universal serial bus → Standard for computer ports that support data transfer rates of up to 12 million bits per second.