5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Richard the Lion-Hearted
- a one of the expeditions in which medieval Christian warriors sought to recover control of the Holy land from the Muslims.
- b an assembly
- c Joined the Third Crusade; heard that Jerusalem had fallen to the Muslims; left others to rule England
- d He was the Seljuk leader of Antioch.
- e the word for leather tent in Latin
5 Multiple choice questions
- Tried to recapture Jerusalem 1212 . Almost all were killed or enslaved.
- the 207 years of peace in the Roman Empire were known as this.
- The city attacked after Edessa and was considered almost the equal to Jerusalem.
- the Silver coin of the Roman Empire
- the years 500 to 1000
5 True/False questions
Great Schism → the split in the Church when you had a pope in Avignon and one in Rome.
Julius Caesar → professionalized the Roman Army.
Spartacus → the Silver coin of the Roman Empire
Pope Innocent IV → Issued a bull that allowed the use of torture to get a confession
Nicaea → the Latin word for Helmet