5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stream of Consciousness
- The Hemingway Hero
- a practical to the purpose at hand
- b A technique that presents thoughts as if they were coming directly from a character's mind. Instead of being arranged in chronologiccal order, the events of the story are presented from the character's feelings and memories just as they might spontaneously occur in the mind of a real person.
- c A man who lives correctly, following the ideals of honor, courage, and endurance in a world that is sometimes chaotic, often stressful, and always painful.
- d not easily grasped by the mind
- e guessed
5 Multiple choice questions
- Writing that uses humor to ridicule or criticize individuals, ideas, institutions, social conventions, or other works of art and literature.
- evil in nature
- very enthusiastic
5 True/False questions
Naturalism → A literary movement that sought to portray ordinary life as real people live it. Attempted to show characters and events in an objective, almost factual way.
Regional Dialect/Vernacular → Sought to capture the essence of life in the various regions of the growing nations through the use of regional dialect and vivid descriptions of the landscape.
Ramification → a branchedlike division
Detached → seperate
Apprehension → to pacify