5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Agricultural Density
- Multinational state
- Medical Revolution
- a The ratio of the number of farmers to the total amount of land suitable for agriculture.
- b a low plain adjacent to a river that is formed chiefly of river sediment and is subject to flooding
- c smaller divisions of a township
- d Medical technology invented in Europe and North America that is diffused to the poorer countries of Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Improved medical practices have eliminated many of the traditional causes of death in poorer countries and enabled more people to live longer and healthier lives.
- e State that contains two or more ethnic groups with traditions of self-determination that agree to coexist peacefully by recognizing each other as distinct nationalities.
5 Multiple choice questions
- movement in which people relocate in response to perceived opportunity; not forced.
- factor such as freedom or employment opportunities that attract a person to a country
- identifies a place by its unique physical characteristics
- the time required for a population to double in size, The number of years needed to double a population, assuming a constant rate of natural increase
- the movement of persons from one country or locality to another
5 True/False questions
Intervening Obstacle → An environmental or cultural feature of the landscape that hinders migration.
CDR → identifies a place by its unique physical characteristics
Transnational Corporation → Permanent movement within a particular country.
International Migration → A company that conducts research, operates factories, and sells products in many countries, not just where its headquarters or shareholders are located, McDonalds, IBM, and Coca-Cola
Hierarchical Diffusion → spreads from the rich to the poor, eg. prestigious name brands