5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- absolute zero
- melting point
- potential energy
- a the temperature at which a substance changes from a solid to a liquid
- b (physics) the capacity of a physical system to do work
- c Energy that is stored and held in readiness.
- d the direct transfer of heat from one substance to another substance that it is touching
- e The temperature at which no more energy can be removed from matter.
5 Multiple choice questions
- energy that is radiated or transmitted in the form of rays or waves or particles
- Is energy associated with the motion or position of an object
- the process of becoming a vapor
- the temperature at which a substance changes from a liquid to a gas
- Is a disturbance that travels through a medium as a longitudinal waves.
5 True/False questions
kinetic energy → The energy of motion
freezing point → the temperature at which a substance changes from a solid to a liquid
phase change → a change from one state (solid or liquid or gas) to another without a change in chemical composition
heat → Each of these movement of energy is a form of heat
kelvin → A temperature scale based on absolute zero.