5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Kilij Arslan
- Pope Leo IX
- Great Schism
- a Rome's ablest emperor
- b the split in the Church when you had a pope in Avignon and one in Rome.
- c planned a surprise attack on the Crusaders with his 50,000 soldiers
- d enforced Church laws against simony and the marriage of priests.
- e In 74 A.D. 960 rebels held out on this mountaintop in a fortress.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the Roman leader that suffered from epilepsy. Roman leader that said "The die is cast" and enslaved 500,000 people from Gaul after its conquest
- They used their knowledge of Aristotle to debate many issues of their time.
- an assembly
- People of this profession helped spread the plague along the trade routes of Asia to southern Asia, southwest Asia and Africa.
- the General that when told to hand over his Army attacked Rome.
5 True/False questions
Moors → the device that allowed the Romans to board enemy ships
Reconquista → the device that allowed the Romans to board enemy ships
Longbow → the military unit of the Roman Empire were organized into these.
Plebeians → the military unit of the Roman Empire were organized into these.
Hannibal → the great Carthaginian leader