5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Underground Railroads
- Nikolai Lennin
- The battle of Gettysburg
- a the home for Jews after WWII
- b built a cruel empire - the "Soviet Union"
- c the South lost this battle making it a turning point of the Civil War
- d a system of escape routes and hiding places between the Southern states and Canada
- e people who rule by force and do not allow their subjects any freedom
5 Multiple choice questions
- invented the telephone
- he was sent out in 1864 by General Grant to capture Atlanta, Georgia, an important city to the Confederates
- statesman and lawyer that ran for Pres 3 times, most popular speaker in our nation, won case against EVOLUTION
- first major man-made canal in the U.S.
- Panama Canal opened to all who were not at war with the U.S.
5 True/False questions
Emancipation Proclamation → an announcement on January 1, 1863, that stated all slaves would be considered free in any states that were fighting against the North
"melting pot" → a freed black woman from New York who spoke out against slavery
August 6, 1945 → Germany attacks the Soviet Union
Merrimac and Monitor → ironclad ships that battled against each other during the war
April 1917 → war fought between the Americans and the British