5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- HR Diagram
- sea breeze
- mechanical wave
- a movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense air aboce the land to rise
- b the movement of an object around another object
- c a graph that shows the relationship between the absolute magnitude and temperature of stars, a plot of the absolute magnitude of luminosity of stars versus their surfce temperatures or spectral classes
- d The wave with no transfer of matter - This wave requires a medium.
- e Early form of a star; This stage lies between the collapsing of dust and gas and the beginning of nuclear fusion
5 Multiple choice questions
- a lens that is thinner in the middle than at the edges
- a galaxy shaped like a round or flattened ball, generally containing only old stars
- galaxy that looks like a giant pinwheel spinning through space
- Air circulation at surface creates wind patterns (Earth's shape and rotation causes variable latitudinal wind deflections.)
- chemical substance, found mainly in liquid coolants, that damages the earth's protective ozone layer
5 True/False questions
sunspots → Creation of energy by joining the nuclei of two hydrogen atoms to form helium.
plasma → the reflective property of a non-luminous object
ionosphere → The uppermost layer of the atmosphere, in which temperature increases as altitude increases, The outer layer of the thermosphere, extending outward into space.
convex lens → a lens that is thicker in the middle than at the edges and bends light rays towards one another
exosphere → The uppermost layer of the atmosphere, in which temperature increases as altitude increases, The outer layer of the thermosphere, extending outward into space.