5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Language translators
- Surge protectors
- Uninterruptible power supply
- Operating systems
- a Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- b A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
- c A battery power source that provides electric current during a power outage.
- d Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
- e Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Also called productivity software; helps you perform a specific task such as word processing, spreadsheets, and so forth.
- A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
- Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
- A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
- A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
5 True/False questions
Network operating system → An operating system that runs on a network server.
Boot → The process of starting a computer.
Serial ports → Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.
Multitasking → Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
User interface → Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.