5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did the Kaiser mean in his message to Hitler in 1939?
- What was the bloodiest battle ever fought in history?
- What country did Japan and the Soviet Union fight over in 1939? What lesson did Japan learn from this?
- Which General landed his American and British troops in Africa in Operation Torch in 1942?
- What operation did Hitler delay to help Italy when they were invading Yugoslavia and Greece in 1941?
- a WWII may be worse for Germany than WWI
- b Dwight D. Eisenhower. (Advance on the Germans in Tunisia from west)
- c Battle of Stalingrad.
- d Mongolia; Not to attack USSR; Army is better than Navy.
- e Operation Barbarossa
5 Multiple choice questions
- Operation Bagration; Tears open Eastern front and drives Nazis out of Soviet lands.
- Not put the emperor on trial
- Great Britain and France declare war on Germany, but nothing is done (sitzkrieg)
- Guadalcanal and Tarawa
- Battle of the Bulge; (Hitler fails)
5 True/False questions
What country built the Maginot Line? Did it successfully serve its purpose? → France; No.
What two countries fought in the Winter War in 1939? What was the result? → Great Britain, Italy, and German (Afrikacorps)
June 6, 1944, is better known as what? → Siege
What happened August 1942? → American marines took the airfield on Guadalcanal which protected Australian supply line.
What was Operation 'Z' (in 1940)? → An attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, to destroy the US Pacific Fleet.