5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pull Factor
- spatial distribution
- Pidgin language
- a Branch of medical science concerned with the incidence, distribution, and control of diseases that affect large numbers of people.
- b the arrangement of a phenomenon across Earth's surface
- c A race is e primary determint of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.
- d A form of speech that adopts a simplified grammar and limited vocabulary of a lingua franca, used for communications among speakers of two different languages.
- e factor such as freedom or employment opportunities that attract a person to a country
5 Multiple choice questions
- The total number of deaths in a year among infants under 1 year old for every 1,000 live births in a society.
- depletion or loss of intellectual and technical personnel, Large-scale emigration by talented people.
- A religion in which a central authority exercises a high degree of control.
- a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
- The spread of an innovation or an idea through a population in an area in such a way that the number of those influenced grows continuously larger, resulting in an expanding area of dissemination.
5 True/False questions
Medical Revolution → Medical technology invented in Europe and North America that is diffused to the poorer countries of Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Improved medical practices have eliminated many of the traditional causes of death in poorer countries and enabled more people to live longer and healthier lives.
Ethnicity → the quality of moving freely
Pandemic → Belief that objects, such as plants and stones, or natural events, like thunderstorms and earthquakes, have a discrete spirit and conscious life.
Branch → A language that results from the mixing of a colonizer's language with the indigenous language of the people being dominated.
Physiological Density → spreads from the rich to the poor, eg. prestigious name brands