5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- gonads (sex organs) are controlled by what stimulus?
- endocrine glands
- gluc/agons function
- adrenal glands are located superior aspect of?
- a secrete hormones into blood
- b kidneys
- c RAISE blood glucose levels, carries sugar from "cells to blood"
- d anterior pituitary
- e LOW glucocorticoids, Addison's, hypoglycemia
5 Multiple choice questions
- stimulate development of ova(eggs) and female secondary sex charachteristics
- anterior lobe and posterior lobe
- dwarfism, too little HGH
- maintain normal serum calcium levels
- insufficient levels of T4, T3
5 True/False questions
adrenal medulla produces? → catecholamines hormones (2 types)
parathyroid gland is controlled by what stimulus? → plasma calcium levels
ovarian hormones → estrogens or estradiol, or estrone, and progesterone
adrenal medulla is referred to as the? → fight or flight system
pancreas is controlled by this stimulus → Autonomic nervous system