5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Surge protectors
- User interface
- Systems software
- Parallel ports
- a Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- b The process of starting a computer.
- c Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
- d Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.
- e A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Standard for computer ports that support data transfer rates of up to 12 million bits per second.
- A combination of hardware and software that creates a buffer between an internal network and the Internet to prevent unauthorized access.
- Analyzing problems to correct faults in the system.
- Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
- Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
5 True/False questions
Hackers → Expert computer users who invade someone else's computer either for personal gain or simply for the satisfaction of being able to do it.
Virus → Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
Modem → The process of starting a computer.
Algorithm → A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
Application software → Also called productivity software; helps you perform a specific task such as word processing, spreadsheets, and so forth.