5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- adrenocorticotropic hormone abbreviation?
- prolactin PRL target tissue
- hypo/glyc/emia is caused from?
- gonads (sex organs) are controlled by what stimulus?
- diabetes mellitus
- a not enough sugar in blood
- b mammary glands
- c lack of insulin, results from an INCREASE in blood glucose, hunger, thirst, and urination
- d ACTH
- e anterior pituitary
5 Multiple choice questions
- atrophy of the thyroid gland; advanced hypothyroidism, cretinism, weight gain
- regulates mineral salts (electrolytes); acts on the kidney to reabsorb sodium (electrolytes) to excrete potassium (electrolyte)
- LOW glucocorticoids, Addison's, hypoglycemia
- Autonomic nervous system
5 True/False questions
endo= → gland
parathyroid gland is controlled by what stimulus? → blood glucose levels(BG levels)
adrenal glands two parts are named? → adrenal cortex; adrenal medulla
adrenocorticotropic hormone ACTH stimulates → adrenal cortex to produce cortisol, aldosterone, androgens
contains four atoms of iodine → T4