5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Great Schism
- a what was the first enemy city confronted by the Crusaders
- b In the battle here, the longbow not chivalry won the day.
- c the river that Rome was built on.
- d one of the expeditions in which medieval Christian warriors sought to recover control of the Holy land from the Muslims.
- e the split in the Church when you had a pope in Avignon and one in Rome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a unified body of law formed from rulings
- Joined the Third Crusade; heard that Jerusalem had fallen to the Muslims; left others to rule England
- the word for leather tent in Latin
- the Roman leader that suffered from epilepsy. Roman leader that said "The die is cast" and enslaved 500,000 people from Gaul after its conquest
- Form of torture that involved rollers and a handle.
5 True/False questions
three-field system → the name of the sect that in 66 A.D., took control of Jerusalem.
Pope Leo IX → issued the bull that set up the tribunal court system to try heretics
William the Conqueror → invaded England in 1066.
Zama → the earliest written Gospel
Pax Romana → the 207 years of peace in the Roman Empire were known as this.