5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Formal Region
- Forced Migration
- a A process by which real estate agents convince white property owners to sell their houses at low prices because of fear that black families will soon move into the neighborhood.
- b the theory that the environment sets certain limitations
- c an epidemic that is geographically widespread
- d An area in which everyone shares in common one or more distinctive characteristics, uniform region
- e human migration flows in which the movers have not choice but to relocate
5 Multiple choice questions
- Identity with a group of people that share legal attachment and personal allegiance to a particular place as a result of being born there.
- factor such as freedom or employment opportunities that attract a person to a country
- A state whose territory corresponds to that occupied by a particular ethnicity that has been transformed into a nationality
- Change in the migration pattern in a society that results from industrialization, population growth, and other social and economic changes that also produce the demographic transition.
- The time when human beings first domesticated plants and animals and no longer relied entirely on hunting and gathering
5 True/False questions
Industrial Revolution → Permanent movement within a particular country.
Ethnic cleansing → Process in which more powerful ethnic group forcibly removes a less powerful one in order to create an ethnically homogeneous region
Language family → A collection of languages related to each other through a common ancestor long before recorded history.
Epidemiology → Branch of medical science concerned with the incidence, distribution, and control of diseases that affect large numbers of people.
Census → The total number of live births in a year for every 1,000 people alive in the society.