5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- public-domain software
- Parallel Processing
- 5 steps of word processing
- quad-core processor
- a a chip with four separate processor cores
- b mass-produced, copyrighted retail software that meets the needs of a variety of users, not just a single user or company
- c A computer problem is solved by using multiple processors functioning together at the same time.
- d creating, editing, formatting, printing, saving
- e made of metal or plastic and protects the internal electronic components from damage
5 Multiple choice questions
- allow users to create and edit images. common editing tasks- resizing, cropping, retouching, color correcting, compositing, applying filters
- you can plug in a device, turn on te computer and then immediately begin usiing the device. the computer automatically can configure adapter cards and other peripherals as you install them.
- electronic components that store instructions waiting to be executed by the processor
- labels, values, formulas
- a case that contains electronic components of the computer used to process data
5 True/False questions
icons → desktop programs
software suite → responsible for fetching an instruction into the registers within a processor and analyzing that instruction to determine what needs to be done.
analog computers → use continuous signals to represent data and info
web 2.0 → the intersection of the column and row. can be referred to directly by column letter and row letter.
ASCII → American Standard Code for Information Interchange, a mapping that takes common characters in English and maps them to numbers so that they can be represented on a computer. Example: "A" maps to the decimal number 65 or the byte 01000001.