5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Newton's 2nd Law of Motion
- Net Force
- a a force that pulls everything toward the center of the Earth
- b the relationship between mass, acceleration & force. Force = Mass X Acceler.
- c the force that keeps objects moving in a straight line; resists a change in motion
- d will demonstrate in class
- e When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).
5 Multiple choice questions
- a machine made of more than one simple machine
- Force is measured in units called Newtons (not the cookie)
- the flow of electrically charged particles, electrons, between objects.
- the distance an object moves during a certain amount of time (miles per second; mph) Average speed = Distance divided by time
- work is done in a certain time. Work divided by time = power; measured in Watts
5 True/False questions
Equilibrium → When all the forces act on an object that are balanced and the object doesn't move; no net force.
Machine → a tool or device that makes work easier by changing the direction or the amount of force needed to move an object; DOES NOT make less work.
Point of Reference → When a force acts on an object and causes it to move (may be in the same direction or in opposite directions).
Friction → movement of objects, people, or animals in many different directions
Simple Machine → a machine made of more than one simple machine