5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The wealthiest and most powerful city organized by the Slavs in Russia was
- a Kiev.
- b Capricious; fanciful
- c A quack; pretender to knowledge
- d Concise; meaningful; substantial; meaty
- e Weighty; unwieldy
5 Multiple choice questions
- Gracious; heartfelt
- Impertinence; insolence
- Medicine to counteract a poison or disease; something that relieves a harmful effect
- Provide written evidence
- gift from the Abbasid court.
5 True/False questions
Eclectic → Practicing self-denial; austere
Penury → Severe poverty; stinginess
The attitude of Byzantine rulers towards their subjects and court was → highly formal, with an emphasis on protocol and lavish dress.
Criterion → Standard used in judging
Hyperbole → Exaggeration; overstatement