5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Growth Hormone
- caustic (adj)
- hCG (chorionic gonadotropin)
- a false; misleading
- b Anterior Pituitary
- c the corpus luteum is maintained by _____ produced by the developing conceptus (embryo)
- d burning, either with chemicals or sarcasm
- e (adj) silly; insignificant
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the increase in maternal blood volume is caused by _______ caused by elevated progesterone and estrogens
- Which subunit of a G-protein is bound to GDP and has GTPase activity?
- joking; playful; jesting; witty
- secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by increasing glucose levels and suppressing immune system function
- sustained aerobic exercise uses ___ muscle fibers
5 True/False Questions
antidiuretic hormone → posterior pituitary
alpha → what subunit differs between inhibitory G proteins and stimulatory G proteins?
Thymosin → Produced by the thymus gland during childhood, this hormone stimulates T-lymphocyte development and differentiation.
TRH → T3 both inhibits the release of and reduces the TSH-secreting pituitary cells' sensitivity to _______
white, red, red, red, red, white → which muscle type, white or red, as the most of the following: anaeorbic metabolism, slow contraction time, myoglobin, mitochondria, capillaries, glycogen