5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To produce optimal sharpness, detail, and resolution, is a higher or lower ISO setting better?
- What color is opposite Red on the color wheel?
- A lens with a very wide angle of view and produces extreme barrel distortion is what kind of lens?
- Name two ways you can increase depth of field (other than changing aperture)
- What is gamut?
- a Fisheye
- b The entire range of colors that can be seen, reproduced, or captured. Our eyes have a greater gamut than a print or monitor.
- c Cyan
- d 1) Use a shorter focal length; 2) Move farther away from the subject
- e Lower
5 Multiple choice questions
- A mirror and pentaprism
- 1-1/2 to 2 stops
- Add blue
- An 8-BIT sequence that represents 256 possibilities - black & white & 254 shades of grey. The size of a file is the number of bytes it contains.
5 True/False questions
The term "ISO speed" is used to describe what? → Selecting portions of the image based on color
What is a color profile? → Selectively increasing print exposure, which will make select parts of the image darker
What is the name of the issue that prevents you from seeing exactly what the lens sees when using a rangefinder camera at close distances? → Parallax
Stopping a lens down from f/8 to f/16 represents a X stop difference → Two (f/8 > f/11 > f/16)
Panning does what? → Decreases the exposure for areas of the print that the photographer wishes to be lighter