5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What color is between Magenta and Cyan on the color wheel?
- This type of file format compresses images by discarding pixels; therefore, each time an images is compressed, it loses pixels
- What is gamut?
- Instead of permanently altering your image when adjusting for color and value, what should you do?
- In short lighting, where is the main light placed?
- a Blue
- b To strike the side of the face away from the camera.
- c The entire range of colors that can be seen, reproduced, or captured. Our eyes have a greater gamut than a print or monitor.
- d JPEG
- e Use and adjustment layer
5 Multiple choice questions
- White (additive primaries are Red, Green Blue)
- The difference between light and dark.
- Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Magenta
- Levels adjustment
5 True/False questions
An in-camera reflected meter reading a very light toned scene indicates an exposure of 1/250th at f/8. For a correct exposure, what should you do? → Intensity (aperture) x Time (shutter)
What is the general rule of thumb for the measurement of a 'normal' lens? → The diagonal measurement of the sensor.
What does the term "stop" mean? → A change in exposure of 1 EV, that is 1/2 or 2x the amount of light.
In a curves adjustment layer, what does the shape of the curve indicate? → Direct sun at 5400 to 6,500 Kelvin
What is interpolated resolution? → A mathematical translator assigned to each piece of equipment you use (they map one gamut to another; and the ICC (or International Color Consortium) profile is usually shipped by the equipment manufacturer).