5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the corpus callosum?
- How is cyclosporine administered
- Melphalan -
1) it's a mustard, but what's it stuck to?
2) Does it go thru the transporter for this molecule it's stuck on?
4) Time frame?
- a haploid sex cell, formed during meiosis, that can be combined with another haploid sex cell and produce a diploid fertilized egg
- b It is composed of fibers interconnecting the two cerebral hemispheres that is large and consists of four parts
- c enzyme that is produced by the kidney; important for blood pressure and volume regulation; catalyzes the conversion of circulating angiotensinogen to angiotensin I
- d oral or IV
- e 1) L-phenylalanine
2) no - uses leucine uptake instead - LOL
4) even slower DNA damage (6-12h); halflife is 1 hour, 1.5 hours or so.
5) pretty well tolerated...mostly just the hema tox.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Vincristine (tubulin polymerization inhibitor)
Paclitaxel (tubulin depolymerization inhibitor)
- neuropeptide secreted in the small bowel and colon; signals appetite suppression
- colchicine generic only
- a wedge shaped portion of the occipital lobe between the parieto-occipital fissure and the calcarine sulci
- Field of study that links the brain and other aspects of the nervous system to cognitive processing and observable behavior.
the interdisciplinary study of brain activity linked with cognition (including perception, thinking, memory, and language.
5 True/False questions
Thymopoietin → Function not well understood, affects nuclear architecture, two receptors specific to __________ have been found on human T-cells
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone → affects size of an individual by promoting cell division, protein synthesis, and bone growth
Localize the circumventricular organs → Pineal gland, Area postrema, Neurohypophysis, organum vasculosum, subfornical organ, subcommisural organ, median eminence of third ventricle (floor)
Intracerebral Hemorrhages → rupture of middle meningeal artery - looks like a biconvex disk on a CT - Lucid interval (talk and die)
Opioids in pain treatment → can't cross blood brain barrier - no effective means of delivery to CNS