5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the three main factors that affect depth of field?
- What does side lighting emphasize on a subject or surface?
- What is a flag?
- The greatest tonal range from black to white is achievable on what kind of paper?
- What image adjustment tool uses a histogram display to alter an image?
- a Glossy paper
- b Aperture, focal length, and distance to the subject
- c emphasizes textures
- d Levels adjustment
- e Also called a gobo; it is a small panel usually mounted on a stand that shades some part of the subject or shields the lens from light that could cause flare
5 Multiple choice questions
- Very wide at about 180 degrees
- The distance between the lens rear nodal point and the focal plane when the lens is focused at infinity.
- The entire range of colors that can be seen, reproduced, or captured. Our eyes have a greater gamut than a print or monitor.
5 True/False questions
What kind of film can help reduce haze in a landscape? → Infrared
Name two ways you can increase depth of field (other than changing aperture) → 1) Use a shorter focal length; 2) Move farther away from the subject
To minimize facial wrinkles, this type of lighting is best → Flat lighting
An in-camera reflected meter reading a very light toned scene indicates an exposure of 1/250th at f/8. For a correct exposure, what should you do? → It increases
What is a BYTE? → An 8-BIT sequence that represents 256 possibilities - black & white & 254 shades of grey. The size of a file is the number of bytes it contains.