5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How would you define exposure in mathematical terms? (X times Y = exposure)
- When adjusting an image with levels, if you want to make any color neutral quickly, what would you do?
- To minimize facial wrinkles, this type of lighting is best
- What is the color temperature of direct sunlight?
- What file type affects printing when a 5th generation is used?
- a Jpg
- b Click with the neutral-point dropper on the selected color
- c Direct sun at 5400 to 6,500 Kelvin
- d Intensity (aperture) x Time (shutter)
- e Diffused front lighting
5 Multiple choice questions
- Additive (R, G, B)
- Use negative exposure compensation (underexpose). The meter will attempt to make the dark scene 18% grey, underexpose to bring it back to dark.
- Use positive exposure compensation (overexposure). A reflected meter reading will attempt to make the scene 18% gray - employ overexposure to adjust.
- An 8-BIT sequence that represents 256 possibilities - black & white & 254 shades of grey. The size of a file is the number of bytes it contains.
- Maybe as little as 0.5 degrees or 1 degree
5 True/False questions
What is a derivative file? → Also called a gobo; it is a small panel usually mounted on a stand that shades some part of the subject or shields the lens from light that could cause flare
What is the Aperture in a lens? → Flattens out the volume of the subject and minimizes textures
Most lenses are sharpest closed down to how many stops from the widest? → bend toward each other and converge at the focal point.
Name two ways you can increase depth of field (other than changing aperture) → 1) Use a shorter focal length; 2) Move farther away from the subject
This type of data backup system is fault-tolerant because it creates and stores redundant data → Depth of field