5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Doubling the aperture setting creates how many stops difference in the amount of light reaching the sensor?
- When mixed in varying proportion, the subtractive primary colors produce what?
- As the aperture becomes smaller, what happens to the depth of field?
- Color systems divide all colors into which three measurements?
- What is dodging?
- a Hue, Luminance, Saturation
- b One stop
- c All colors
- d It increases
- e Decreases the exposure for areas of the print that the photographer wishes to be lighter
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1) Use a shorter focal length; 2) Move farther away from the subject
- Flattens out the volume of the subject and minimizes textures
5 True/False questions
A lens set at f/4 admits how much more/less light than one set at f/2.8? → Relative aperture. The opening on a long lens must be larger than a corresponding opening on a short lens to produce the same f-stops.
What image adjustment tool uses a histogram display to alter an image? → Bit
What color is opposite Red on the color wheel? → Cyan
What are quad- and hex- tone printing? → A mathematical translator assigned to each piece of equipment you use (they map one gamut to another; and the ICC (or International Color Consortium) profile is usually shipped by the equipment manufacturer).
Blue is opposite what color on the color wheel? → Yellow