5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is gamut?
- What is dodging?
- A general purpose lens will provide an f-stop range of up to how many?
- Whenever another image is copied or moved into a file, Photoshop automatically creates what?
- What is the term used to describe a sensor's sensitivity to light?
- a The entire range of colors that can be seen, reproduced, or captured. Our eyes have a greater gamut than a print or monitor.
- b 8 stops
- c A new layer
- d Decreases the exposure for areas of the print that the photographer wishes to be lighter
- e ISO
5 Multiple choice questions
- Maybe as little as 0.5 degrees or 1 degree
- Depth of field
- Very wide at about 180 degrees
- 1920 pixels by 2400 pixels (4.6 million pixels)
5 True/False questions
Going clockwise around the color wheel, starting with RED, what is the progression of colors? → It should match the focal length. Too wide and it's inefficient; too narrow and it will vignette; most likely the vignette would occur with wide angle of 28mm and below.
What are IPTC fields used for? → The amount of information contained in each pixel
What are the three main factors that affect depth of field? → Aperture, focal length, and distance to the subject
A filter with a factor of 2 requires how many stops of compensation? → 1 or 2, depending on the lens, could be 2 to 3.
A normal (or standard) focal length lens approximates what? → Selecting portions of the image based on color