- Andrew Sutherland Founder and CTO Andrew helps the team build a great user experience and technology infrastructure. He started Quizlet for a French class in high school, and then worked on it while attending MIT. He currently serves on the Alumni Advisory Group for the Institute-wide Task Force on the Future of MIT Education.
- Dave Margulius CEO Dave focuses on enabling the Quizlet team in everything they do. Previously he worked at Boston.com, Netscape, Evite and Enterprise Insight. He has degrees from Stanford Business School, Brown University, and Swampscott High School. See his blog at davemargulius.com.
- Sophia Bender Koning Product Design Manager Sophia works on design and user experience on Quizlet's website and mobile apps. She has degrees from Columbia University and the University of Chicago, and she attended Saint Ann’s School in Brooklyn, NY.
- David Chanin Software Engineer David writes code on all aspects of Quizlet. Passionate about using technology to improve education, he holds degrees from Georgia Tech and Stanford University. Prior to Quizlet he had worked on his own education startup.
- Thompson Paine General Manager Thompson helps lead Quizlet’s team, and handles many aspects of our business. He graduated from Stanford with a J.D.-M.B.A., and before that, taught English in Beijing and worked in the U.S. State Department.
- Ryan Gordon Software Engineer Ryan focuses on infrastructure at Quizlet. He previously worked on MyBB where he led development for over 2 years. He is currently a senior at San Jose State University.
- Joanna Mangan User Experience Manager Joanna helps the Quizlet team build a great user experience. She holds a degree from the University of Arizona, and has lived abroad in Barcelona. Joanna is from Hinsdale, IL, where her mom is a 2nd grade teacher.
- Shane Mooney Software Engineer Shane leads mobile development at Quizlet. Previously, he helped build the Youtorial screencast platform and the Quilt social network. He grew up in Florida and attended the University of Florida.
- Karoun Kasraie Software Engineer Karoun is a full-stack engineer at Quizlet and recent graduate from UC Berkeley with a major in Computer Science and a minor in Music. Before working at Quizlet, Karoun ran The Daily Californian website, worked at NPR, and played trombone in the Cal marching band.
- Robert Deaton Software Engineer Robert is a full-stack software engineer and renaissance man at Quizlet. While a college student at the University of Delaware, Robert developed educational games for middle school students and presented at DEFCON on network security. He is also an avid biker and snow-boarder.
- Arun Saigal Software Engineer Arun is a software engineer at Quizlet, where he works on both Android and web development. A recent graduate of MIT, Arun brings a longtime commitment to edtech, including three years on App Inventor (an Android application to teach app development to students).
- Jake Heiser Software Engineer Jake works on iOS development at Quizlet. Originally from the Chicago area, he built Quiz Me!, one of the top Quizlet-powered iPhone apps. He is currently a Sophomore at Hinsdale Central.
- Amalia Nelson Admin and Ops Manager Amalia supports the Quizlet team and contributes to product and business operations. Her background is in arts education, with a degree in Studio Art from Scripps College. Previously, she worked at the Museum of Children’s Arts in Oakland and the Alameda County Arts Commission.
- Jen Liu Software Engineer Jen grew up in the Boston area, and is currently a senior at MIT, where she is active in education-related projects. She started with Quizlet as an intern in 2013, and is excited to work full-time on Quizlet when she graduates in June.
- Jeff Chan Software Engineer Jeff wins the prize for most Quizlet internships ever. And he is now on the web team full-time after graduating from MIT in June. He grew up in San Jose and Taiwan, where his mom is a language teacher.
- Andy Riordan Software Engineer Andy works on iOS at Quizlet. A self-taught programmer originally from Colorado, Andy’s been an iOS consultant since high school. He brings a deep knowledge of iOS to Quizlet’s iPhone and iPad apps for millions of users.
- Brownlee Bakkum Software Engineer Peter works on infrastructure to make Quizlet fast, reliable and scalable for students and teachers around the world. Originally from Yorktown, Virginia, Peter double majored in Computer Science and Economics at the University of Virginia.
- Olivia Watkins User Experience Manager Olivia supports the millions of students and teachers that use Quizlet every day. Originally from Chicago, IL, Olivia is a graduate of Kenyon College and formerly worked at Kiva and Twitter.
- Roger Chen Software Engineer Intern Roger will be working on the infrastructure team this summer. A rising senior at UC Berkeley, he's an EECS major and the lead back-end developer for The Daily Californian.
- Dave Fetterman Advisor Dave is an advisor to Quizlet. Previously he worked in engineering for seven years at Facebook, where he managed all mobile software development, ran the engineering hiring team, and started the Facebook Development Platform. He studied and taught math and computer science at Harvard University.
- Mark Selcow Advisor Mark, an advisor to Quizlet, has served as President and co-founder of Merced Systems, BabyCenter.com, and Consumer Health Interactive. He’s also a National Trustee and Board Member of the March of Dimes Foundation.
Behind the scenes at Quizlet…
August 15 · We're happy to announce that Jen Liu has officially joined the Quizlet team! Jen graduated from …
June 9 · Please help us give a warm welcome to Jeff Chan, who is starting full-time at Quizlet this week!…
June 3 · With the pressure of shipping big projects always on, finding time to fix the small things that go w…
May 29 · We're excited to welcome to Quizlet an awesome summer intern, Roger Chen, who just started this …
May 7 · Please join us in welcoming Peter Bakkum, the newest engineer on the Quizlet team! Peter hails f…