5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The condition that occurs when the body cannot get the air it needs to function.
- b Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the lungs and associated tissues.
- c The cavity located between the lungs.
- d Surgical removal of the larynx.
- e accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Test that measures physiological activity during sleep.
- An infectious disease caused by mycobacterium tuberculosi.
- Progressive loss of lung function due to a decrease in the total number of alveoli, the enlargement of the remaining alveoli, and then the progressive destruction of their walls.
- The abnormal buildup of carvon dioxide in the blood.
- Genetic disorder in which the lungs are clogged with large amounts of abnormally thick mucus.
5 True/False questions
pneumothorax → Accumulation of air or gas in the pleural spacecausing the lung to collapse.
hemothorax → Accumulation of blood in the pleural cavity.
anoxia → The loss of the ability of the laryns to produce normal speech sounds.
aphonia → The absence of oxygen from the body/es gases, blood, or tissues.
bronchorrhea → Visual examination of the bronchi using a bronchoscope.