5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cystic fibrosis
- a Genetic disorder in which the lungs are clogged with large amounts of abnormally thick mucus.
- b Paralysis of the larynx.
- c Acuste infectious disease of the trroat and upper respiratory tract caused by the presence of diphtheria bacteria.
- d Surgical removal of all or part of a lung.
- e Medical equipment that dispenses doses of medication in the form of a mist.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pain in the pleura.
- Test that measures physiological activity during sleep.
- Inflammatin of the sinuses.
- The condition that occurs when the body cannot get the air it needs to function.
- Surgical repair of the pharynx.
5 True/False questions
hemothorax → Accumulation of blood in the pleural cavity.
antitussive → Medication administered to prevent, or relieve coughing.
pleurectomy → Inglammation of the visceral and parietal pleura in the toracic cavity.
hyperpnea → Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
endotracheal intubation → Usually an emergency procedure in which an incision is made into the trachea to gain acdess to the airway below a blockage.