5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pulse oximeter
- a Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
- b External monitor to measure the oxygen saturation level in the blood.
- c Creating an opening into the trachea and inserting a tube to facilitate the passage of air or the removal of secretions.
- d Medication administered to prevent, or relieve coughing.
- e Inflammation of the larynx.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Excessive discharge of mucus from the bronchi
- An infectious disease caused by mycobacterium tuberculosi.
- The condition that occurs when the body cannot get the air it needs to function.
- Surgical creation of an opening into the chest.
- Accumulation of air or gas in the pleural spacecausing the lung to collapse.
5 True/False questions
hypoxia → The condition of having below normal oxygen levels in the body tissues and cells.
anoxia → The loss of the ability of the laryns to produce normal speech sounds.
empyema → accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
asbestosis → The form of pneumoconiosis caused by asbestos particles in the lungs.
pulmonologist → Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, and throat.