5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- endotracheal intubation
- a Surgical removal of part of the pleura.
- b Surgical removal of the larynx.
- c accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
- d The passage of a tube through the nose or mouth into the treachea to establish or maintain an open airway.
- e Medication that expands the opening of the passages into the lungs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the lungs and associated tissues.
- Chronic enlargement of bronchi or bronchioles resulting from an earlier lung infection that was not cured.
- Surgical creation of an opening into the chest.
- Inflammation of the pharynx; also known as a sore throat.
- Medical equipment that dispenses doses of medication in the form of a mist.
5 True/False questions
laryngitis → Surgical removal of the larynx.
dysphonia → Difficult or labored breathing.
hypoxia → The condition of having below normal oxygen levels in the body tissues and cells.
pharyngoplasty → Surgical repair of the pharynx.
asbestosis → The form of pneumoconiosis caused by asbestos particles in the lungs.