5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Surgical removal
- What type of cell secretes Gastrin?
- What is the effect of insulin on most cells?
- a Ecclampsia may lead to _______ paralysis in cats
- b Insulin causes protein synthesis in most cells resulting in decreased free amino acids
- c a chemical substance secreted by an endocrine gland effects distant parts of the body
- d G cell
- e #1 recommended Therapy for hyperparathyroidism?
5 Multiple choice questions
- The adrenal medulla
- red blood cells make only 2 ATP per glucose molecule bc they have no mitochondria
- Lactic acid leaves cell and enters the blood stream. It is taken up by the liver and converted back to pyruvate
- Dopamine, Norepinephrine, Serotonin, Histamine, Epinephrine, Acetylcholine
- Clinical signs of hyperparathyroidism are mainly due to (and the same as) ___________________
5 True/False questions
zona glomerulosa → GH (growth hormone), stimulates growth
What is Hers Disease? → Hers disease is a liver glycogen phosphorylase defect. This results in an inability to breakdown glycogen into glucose in the liver.
T3 triiodo thyronine → biologically significant; acts with a shorter pathway than T4
Where is the Corticotropin Releasing Hormone expressed? → Paraventricular Nucleus, expressed in parvicellular neurons in the PVN
Polypeptide hormone biosynthesis and action regulation → transcription, posttranscriptional processing of precursor mRNA, mRNA stability, mRNA export from nucleus to cytoplasm, mRNA translation, Posttranslational processing, polypeptide folding and subunit assembly, degradation, secretion