5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- location of steroid hormone receptors
- first step in steroid synthesis
- Surgical removal
- a ductless glands that produce internal secretions that flow to all parts of the body.
- b #1 recommended Therapy for hyperparathyroidism?
- c fully iodized thyroglobulin; contains 4 iodines
- d associated with or in nucleus
- e cholesterol side chain cleaveage by Side Chain Cleavage enzyme (SCC)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This hormone is used in combo with HCG for treating infertility caused by lack of pituitary gonadotropins.
- fix tissue sample to slide; apply radiolabeled probe; hybridize; dip into emulsion; wash slides; develop and examine microscopically
- Mineral Corticoids
- 1. 14 a.a
2. 28 a.a
- COMT and MAO metabolize epinephrine and norepinephrine to vanillylmandelic acid
5 True/False Questions
Relaxin → plays a critical role in preventing abnormal consciousness transitions, particularly into REM sleep; may stimulate hunger
What inhibits the release of Gastrin? → Chyme enters the Duodenum which senses the acid and causes the release of somatostatin to inhibit Gastrin release and limit acid production.
bioassay requirements → need not be conspecific
signalling mechanism of receptors with serine threonine kinase receptors → Intracellular
The superior hypophyseal artery is a branch of the ____ → Internal carotid artery