5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mech. of Action of Releasing Hormones
- increased AVP (vasopressin) causes water to be
- GnRH is secreted from?
- What are the medical complications to insulin deficiency?
- a conserved
- b regulates extracellular fluid volume; promotes water movement
- c all of them use PLC to increase calcium and cuase ion gating that elicitys ap's in the target cells. exception is GHRH and SST which regualate AC-cAMP
- d Neuropathy, microangiopathy, retinopathy, nephropathy, foot ischemia, athersclerosis,
- e Arcuate Nucleus
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This hormone promotes uterine contractility & controls bleeding.
- fully iodized thyroglobulin; contains 4 iodines
- a neurotransmitter involved in sleep, depression; precursor of melatonin
- severe hypothyroidism in children resulting in physical and mental stunting
5 True/False Questions
Long Loop Feedback → Ultimate target tissues( e.g. goand or thyroid) feedback on pituitary, hypothalamus or CNS
Where does Hypothalamic Output towards the Adenohypophysis Start → Expressed in stomach, small intestine and a few hypothalamic neurons. In addition to GH stimulation Ghrelin also regulates feeding behavior and fat cell activity.
Decreased total calcium (40% is protein bound) → If you have an animal with low albumin, what secondary effect can you have?
Prostacyclins → The chief estrogen, females produce more than males, develops and maintains female secondary sex characteristics, important roles in menstruation and pregnancy
Calcitonin → inhibits iron uptake, prevent release of iron