6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- A regular diet with modifications or restrictions (aka special diet) that must be ordered by the doctor
- When calories consumed equal calories burned
- effect drug has on the way body absorbs / uses nutrients / effect food has on a way body absorbs / uses drugs
- a health care strategy that helps people learn to use their eating habits as part of their treatment
- A rapid period of growth, usually linked with adolescence, occurs about 2 years earlier in girls
- relates to the health of the heart and blood vessels, it also relates to the organs that are critically dependant on a strong blood supply
6 True/False questions
MYPLATE → a unit of the energy supplied by food
FOOD ALLERGY → A negative reaction to food that doesn't involve the immune system.
FOOD INTOLERANCE → involves a response of the body's immune system to a food protein
DIETARY GUIDELINES FOR AMERICANS → a set of nutrient intake values for healthy people in the U.S. and Canada. Used for planning and assessing diets.
DIETARY REFERENCE INTAKES (DRIs) → a set of nutrient intake values for healthy people in the U.S. and Canada. Used for planning and assessing diets.
FITNESS → the body's ability to meet physical demands