5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The process where oxygen and glucose undergo a series of chemical reactions inside cells.
- to sweep mucus down the throat.
- They look like bunches of them.
- It supplies them with oxygen.
- tobacco smoke
- a What is respiration?
- b What is the most preventable cause of illness and death?
- c Why do trombone players need alveoli?
- d What is the job of cilia?
- e Why are alveoli called "grapes"?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Does the diaphragm relax when you inhale or exhale?
- The chemicals in tobacco smoke damage lung tissue as well as ________________.
- What percent of air humans inhale is oxygen?
- Is the throat the pharynx or the larynx?
- How does nicotine create an addiction?
5 True/False questions
both → Does the respiration system remove water, carbon dioxide, both, or none?
yes → What percent of air humans inhale is oxygen?
tar → What is the dark sticky substance that forms when tobacco burns?
voice box → Which is the larynx?
a large, dome shaped muscle that plays an important role in breathing → What is the diaphragm?