5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- about 77,000
- voice box
- Oxygen and glucose
- a large, dome shaped muscle that plays an important role in breathing
- a What is the diaphragm?
- b Which is the larynx?
- c Can passive smokers develop asthma?
- d What two substances release energy to fuel your cells?
- e What is the death rate of males because of smoking in the year 2000?
5 Multiple choice questions
- How many Americans die each year from lung cancer?
- What percent of air humans inhale is oxygen?
- Does the diaphragm relax when you inhale or exhale?
- Why are alveoli called "grapes"?
- What is passive smoking?
5 True/False questions
it increases the activities of the nervous system. → Why do trombone players need alveoli?
pharynx → Is the throat the pharynx or the larynx?
tobacco smoke → What is the most preventable cause of illness and death?
tar → What is the dark sticky substance that forms when tobacco burns?
both → Does the respiration system remove water, carbon dioxide, both, or none?