5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a large, dome shaped muscle that plays an important role in breathing
- to sweep mucus down the throat.
- It supplies them with oxygen.
- it increases the activities of the nervous system.
- a Why do trombone players need alveoli?
- b How many Americans die each year from lung cancer?
- c How does nicotine create an addiction?
- d What is the job of cilia?
- e What is the diaphragm?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is the most preventable cause of illness and death?
- What is respiration?
- Does the diaphragm relax when you inhale or exhale?
- What two substances release energy to fuel your cells?
- Does the respiration system remove water, carbon dioxide, both, or none?
5 True/False questions
involuntarily inhaling someone else's smoke → What is passive smoking?
breathing passages → The chemicals in tobacco smoke damage lung tissue as well as ________________.
about 77,000 → How many Americans die each year from lung cancer?
pharynx → What is the dark sticky substance that forms when tobacco burns?
yes → Can passive smokers develop asthma?