5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- involuntarily inhaling someone else's smoke
- The process where oxygen and glucose undergo a series of chemical reactions inside cells.
- breathing passages
- a What is respiration?
- b Does the respiration system remove water, carbon dioxide, both, or none?
- c What is passive smoking?
- d The chemicals in tobacco smoke damage lung tissue as well as ________________.
- e How many Americans die each year from lung cancer?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Can you develop atherosclerosis overtime from smoking?
- How does nicotine create an addiction?
- Is the throat the pharynx or the larynx?
- Does the diaphragm relax when you inhale or exhale?
- What two substances release energy to fuel your cells?
5 True/False questions
tar → What is the dark sticky substance that forms when tobacco burns?
to sweep mucus down the throat. → Why do trombone players need alveoli?
21% → What percent of air humans inhale is oxygen?
They look like bunches of them. → What is the most preventable cause of illness and death?
about 77,000 → How many Americans die each year from lung cancer?