5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Oxygen and glucose
- The process where oxygen and glucose undergo a series of chemical reactions inside cells.
- a Can passive smokers develop asthma?
- b What is respiration?
- c What two substances release energy to fuel your cells?
- d Is the throat the pharynx or the larynx?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Why are alveoli called "grapes"?
- The chemicals in tobacco smoke damage lung tissue as well as ________________.
- What is the diaphragm?
- What is the most preventable cause of illness and death?
- Does the respiration system remove water, carbon dioxide, both, or none?
5 True/False questions
21% → What percent of air humans inhale is oxygen?
It supplies them with oxygen. → What is the job of cilia?
140,000 → Does the diaphragm relax when you inhale or exhale?
it increases the activities of the nervous system. → How does nicotine create an addiction?
to sweep mucus down the throat. → Why do trombone players need alveoli?