5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ground chalk mixed with powdered pigments and a binder creates this drawing material.
- Artists capitalize on the idiosyncratic characteristics of the ________ and support to capture a desired expression in drawing.
- Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material.
- With this drawing implement, lines are barely visible when first made, but become darker as the drawing ages.
- Ocher derives its dark yellow tint from iron oxide in some ________.
- a silverpoint
- b pastel
- c crayon
- d clays
- e implement
5 Multiple choice questions
- wax crayon
5 True/False questions
The controlled charring of special hard woods forms this drawing material. → charcoal
With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment. → silverpoint
Pencil is capable of producing a ________ range of effects → Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
Wax crayons, like pastels, combine ground pigment with a ________; in this case, wax. → wide
In most cases, drawing is the most direct way of bringing what is in the artist's ________ to the artist's surface → crayon