5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- With this drawing implement, lines are barely visible when first made, but become darker as the drawing ages.
- The masters of brush-and-ink are artists of ________.
- Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion.
- Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material.
- Ocher derives its dark yellow tint from iron oxide in some ________.
- a Japan
- b clays
- c conception
- d silverpoint
- e crayon
5 Multiple choice questions
- full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
5 True/False questions
This drawing material moves easily over a support to form lines that have sheen. → crayon
This drawing device is composed of a thin rod of graphite encased within wood or paper. → wax crayon
This medium is capable of combining the gestural vitality of the pen line with a watery quality. → wide
Pencil is capable of producing a ________ range of effects → Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
Which of the following best describes an ink wash? → Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush