5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The relative hardness or softness of a ________ depends on the quantity of clay mixed with the pigment material.
- Wax crayons, like pastels, combine ground pigment with a ________; in this case, wax.
- This medium is capable of combining the gestural vitality of the pen line with a watery quality.
- Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material.
- Ocher derives its dark yellow tint from iron oxide in some ________.
- a crayon
- b binder
- c clays
- d pen and wash
- e pencil
5 Multiple choice questions
- Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
- full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
5 True/False questions
This drawing material moves easily over a support to form lines that have sheen. → wax crayon
Artists capitalize on the idiosyncratic characteristics of the ________ and support to capture a desired expression in drawing. → Japan
A drawing implement that came into use in the 1500s and largely replaced silverpoint was: → pencil
The masters of brush-and-ink are artists of ________. → Japan
With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment. → silverpoint