5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- This medium is capable of combining the gestural vitality of the pen line with a watery quality.
- With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment.
- Wax crayons, like pastels, combine ground pigment with a ________; in this case, wax.
- The most basic of the two-dimensional art forms is ________.
- While this medium can duplicate the linearity of brush-and-ink drawings, it can also be used to create images solely through tonal contrasts.
- a drawing
- b pen and wash
- c silverpoint
- d binder
- e brush and wash
5 Multiple choice questions
- a quill
5 True/False questions
The relative hardness or softness of a ________ depends on the quantity of clay mixed with the pigment material. → wide
The masters of brush-and-ink are artists of ________. → Japan
Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material. → crayon
This fluid drawing tool comes in a wide variety of materials, textures, and shapes and affords many effects. → silverpoint
In most cases, drawing is the most direct way of bringing what is in the artist's ________ to the artist's surface → crayon