5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment.
- The controlled charring of special hard woods forms this drawing material.
- Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material.
- Ground chalk mixed with powdered pigments and a binder creates this drawing material.
- This medium is capable of combining the gestural vitality of the pen line with a watery quality.
- a pen and wash
- b silverpoint
- c crayon
- d charcoal
- e pastel
5 Multiple choice questions
- brush and wash
- wax crayon
5 True/False questions
The masters of brush-and-ink are artists of ________. → drawing
Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion. → mind
This drawing device is composed of a thin rod of graphite encased within wood or paper. → wax crayon
This fluid drawing tool comes in a wide variety of materials, textures, and shapes and affords many effects. → wax crayon
A kind of pen that became popular during the Middle Ages was ________. → Japan