5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Wax crayons, like pastels, combine ground pigment with a ________; in this case, wax.
- Pencil is capable of producing a ________ range of effects
- With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment.
- Artists capitalize on the idiosyncratic characteristics of the ________ and support to capture a desired expression in drawing.
- Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion.
- a implement
- b silverpoint
- c binder
- d wide
- e conception
5 Multiple choice questions
- full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
- Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
5 True/False questions
A kind of pen that became popular during the Middle Ages was ________. → Japan
The masters of brush-and-ink are artists of ________. → Japan
This fluid drawing tool comes in a wide variety of materials, textures, and shapes and affords many effects. → wax crayon
This drawing material moves easily over a support to form lines that have sheen. → crayon
The most basic of the two-dimensional art forms is ________. → drawing