5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- With this drawing implement, the artist draws by dragging a silver-tipped implement over a surface coated with a ground of bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment.
- While this medium can duplicate the linearity of brush-and-ink drawings, it can also be used to create images solely through tonal contrasts.
- Artists capitalize on the idiosyncratic characteristics of the ________ and support to capture a desired expression in drawing.
- Pencil is capable of producing a ________ range of effects
- a silverpoint
- b implement
- c wide
- d brush and wash
5 Multiple choice questions
- full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
5 True/False questions
Conté is one of the most popular forms of this material. → crayon
A kind of pen that became popular during the Middle Ages was ________. → Japan
Which of the following best describes an ink wash? → Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
Copying permits the artist to, in a sense, retrace another artist's steps from ________ to completion. → mind
With this drawing implement, lines are barely visible when first made, but become darker as the drawing ages. → brush