5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The relative hardness or softness of a ________ depends on the quantity of clay mixed with the pigment material.
- With this drawing implement, lines are barely visible when first made, but become darker as the drawing ages.
- This drawing material moves easily over a support to form lines that have sheen.
- A kind of pen that became popular during the Middle Ages was ________.
- Today the word "cartoon" usually means a humorous or satirical picture; originally the word referred to ________.
- a full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
- b wax crayon
- c silverpoint
- d a quill
- e pencil
5 Multiple choice questions
- Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
5 True/False questions
The most basic of the two-dimensional art forms is ________. → drawing
The controlled charring of special hard woods forms this drawing material. → charcoal
Ocher derives its dark yellow tint from iron oxide in some ________. → Japan
This medium is capable of combining the gestural vitality of the pen line with a watery quality. → pen and wash
Pencil is capable of producing a ________ range of effects → wide