5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Today the word "cartoon" usually means a humorous or satirical picture; originally the word referred to ________.
- Ocher derives its dark yellow tint from iron oxide in some ________.
- Artists capitalize on the idiosyncratic characteristics of the ________ and support to capture a desired expression in drawing.
- The most basic of the two-dimensional art forms is ________.
- The oldest known type of ink is India or China ink. It is a solution of ________.
- a drawing
- b carbon black and water
- c full-scale preliminary drawings for larger scale works such as fresco paintings
- d implement
- e clays
5 Multiple choice questions
- a quill
- pen and wash
5 True/False questions
This drawing device is composed of a thin rod of graphite encased within wood or paper. → wax crayon
Which of the following best describes an ink wash? → Diluted ink that is usually applied with a brush
In most cases, drawing is the most direct way of bringing what is in the artist's ________ to the artist's surface → mind
Wax crayons, like pastels, combine ground pigment with a ________; in this case, wax. → binder
This drawing material moves easily over a support to form lines that have sheen. → crayon